Having gone nearly a decade between full redesigns, from the 2011 through 2019 model years, the Ford Explorer is exploring new territory in its sixth generation. The three-row SUV, a top seller among competitors, returns for 2020 with rear-wheel drive, evolutionary exterior updates and a totally overhauled interior. Our full preview story on the Explorer, now making its big bow at the 2019 North American International Auto Show in Detroit and set to go on sale in the summer, ranks No. 2 among Cars.com's most popular news stories of the week.
2019 Ford Explorer Specs & Reviews
Find a 2019 Ford Explorer Near You
The Explorer found its way to another spot on this week's top 10, too. Our report of pricing details released in the throes of the Detroit auto show this week — the new SUV will start at $32,765, $400 more than the outgoing model — checks in at No. 7. In fact, our coverage from NAIAS this year dominates this week's most-read stories, occupying a full seven of the top 10 spots — with Cars.com reviewer Aaron Bragman's first impressions of the all-new 2020 Cadillac XT6 SUV checking in at No. 3 and his preview story on the XT6 at No. 10.
Other popular articles this week include the announcement of Cars.com's 2019 Luxury Car of the Year award winner, the 2019 Mercedes-Benz S-Class, our Kelsey Mays' guide to the best new-car deals for January and Bragman's first impressions of the 2020 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 at the Detroit show taking the first, fourth and fifth spots this week, respectively.
Here are the 10 news stories Cars.com readers couldn't get enough of in the past week:
1. 2019 Luxury Car of the Year
2. 2020 Ford Explorer: Back to the Future
3. 2020 Cadillac XT6: A Lincoln Aviator Competitor It Is Not
4. What's the Best New-Car Deal for January 2019?
5. 2020 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500: No Manual, No 10-Speed, No Problem
6. Heads Up, Chevy Bolt and Tesla Model 3! 2019 Nissan Leaf Plus Series Goes Long
7. Redesigned 2020 Ford Explorer Finds Increased Price
8. 2019 Detroit Auto Show: What to Expect
9. 2020 Toyota Supra Will Be Pricey but Not Supra-Expensive
10. 2020 Cadillac XT6: 3-Row Caddy Crossover De-Escalates From Escalade
Source: Read Full Article