For its 18th annual running, HOT ROD Drag Week Presented by Gear Vendors Overdrive is returning to four classic drag strips to put America’s fastest street-legal drag cars to the test. Sunday, September 18, 2022, is registration and tech day at Memphis International Raceway in Millington, Tennessee; will your street-legal drag car survive until Friday, September 23, 2022, in the world’s most grueling endurance drag racing event?
HOT ROD Drag Week is the ultimate test for street-legal drag racing cars: Not only do competitors have to race on four different tracks over five consecutive days, they have to drive their race car between each venue on specified routes, with photo checkpoints, that average over 1,000 miles throughout the week. What’s more, racers can only use the tools and parts they can carry in their car or in their optional trailer—towed by the race car.
HOT ROD Drag Week has inspired multiple drag-and-drive events since its first year in 2005, and the community of racers the event has built is unlike any other. It’s not uncommon for Drag Week competitors to band together to help each other get through the week; loaning tools, sharing parts, even wrenching on the side of the road or through the night to help fellow racers get to the next track or make a pass.
Will Dave Schroeder repeat his 2021 overall win, or will 2019 overall winner Tom Bailey come back from his hiatus and repeat his 5.998 at 250-mph pass? Stay tuned to the HOT ROD Drag Week event page for registration and event information, as well as live coverage of HOT ROD Drag Week 2022!
HOT ROD Drag Week Presented by Gear Vendors Overdrive 2022 Dates and Locations
- Registration, Tech Day, and Test ‘n’ Tune: Sunday, September 18 – Memphis International Raceway, Millington, Tennessee.
- Racing Day 1: Monday, September 19 – Memphis International Raceway, Millington, Tennessee.
- Racing Day 2: Tuesday, September 20 – World Wide Technology Raceway, Madison, Illinois.
- Racing Day 3: Wednesday, Sept. 21 – Beech Bend Raceway, Bowling Green, Kentucky.
- Racing Day 4: Thursday, Sept. 22 – Alabama International Dragway, Steele, Alabama.
- Racing Day 5: Friday, Sept. 23 – Memphis International Raceway, Millington, Tennessee.
Click here to see all the action from HOT ROD Drag Week 2021!
Source: Read Full Article