Auto Express Jeep Wrangler competition terms and conditions
- The promoter is Fiat Chrysler Automobiles UK Ltd, 240 Bath Road, Slough, Berkshire, SL1 4DX (the “Promoter” or “FCA UK”).
- The Promoter operates a prize draw in the website and magazine of Auto Express (UK) Ltd (the “Prize Draw”).
- The Prize Draw is open to UK residents between 25 and 80 years of age, who have a full UK driving licence (or be entitled to drive in the UK) (each an “Entrant”). The Prize Draw is not open to employees of Dennis Publishing or Fiat Chrysler Automobiles N.V. group companies, their immediate families, Fiat authorised retailers, agencies, any other company involved in promotion or any individual subject to a driving ban during the prize period.
- By entering into this Prize Draw, Entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. The Promoter may terminate any entry or prize if the Entrant fails to comply with any of these terms and conditions or are unlikely to do so.
- To be eligible for the Prize Draw, Entrants must, between 6th May 2020 and 10th June 2020 (the “Closing Date”), fully complete their details on the entry form hosted on the Auto Express website (www.autoexpress.co.uk/win-a-wrangler) by providing their title, first name, surname and email address. Entrants must give consent to the processing of their personal data for the purposes of the Prize Draw subject to 19 below. No entries will be accepted after the Closing Date.
- No purchase or fee is required to enter the Prize Draw. Only one entry is permitted per person. Bulk entries or entries automatically generated by a computer will not be valid. An internet connection is required to enter the Prize Draw and to claim any prize.
- The Entrants are responsible for providing accurate personal details; the Promoter will not be responsible for incorrect or inaccurate details provided by the Entrant.
- The prize consists the lease of a Jeep Wrangler 4-door MY20 Overland 2.0 GME 272hp 4×4 in Silver for six months (the “Prize” or the “Vehicle”). The lease shall commence on a date to be agreed in writing between the winner (the “Winner”) and the Promoter and shall be subject to the Promoter’s standard demonstrator terms in Schedule 1. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any costs not specifically included in the Prize.
- There will be one Winner of the Prize in this Prize Draw.
- The Prize is non-transferable and non-exchangeable. No purchase necessary. The Promoter reserves the right to replace the Prize with an alternative prize of equal or higher value if circumstances beyond the Promoter’s control makes it necessary to do so. No cash alternative is available.
- A randomised computer process will choose the Winner on 11th June 2020.
- The winner will be notified by email within 10 working days of the draw taking place. If the Prize remains unclaimed for 14 days, from the time of the notification email, it will be forfeited and a supplementary Winner will be drawn at the Promoter’s discretion.
- The Promoter reserves the right to cancel, amend, withdraw, terminate or temporarily suspend this Prize Draw in the event of any unforeseen circumstances or technical reason outside its reasonable control. Except in the case of death or personal injury arising from its negligence, or in respect of fraud, and so far as is permitted by law, the Promoter and its associated companies and agents exclude responsibility and all liabilities arising from any act or default of any third party supplier or from circumstances which are beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control.
- The Promoter will require the Winner to be able to produce a copy of the Winner’s valid UK driving licence before collection of the car. Acceptance of this licence is determined at the Promoter’s sole discretion.
- The Promoter will not be responsible for any inability of the Winner to take up the Prize and accepts no responsibility for incorrectly completed, lost or delayed entries, notices, acceptances, tickets or other documents related to the Prize.
- The Winner agrees to be bound by any relevant third party terms and conditions associated with the Prize.
- By entering the Prize Draw, the Entrants acknowledge that they may be required to participate in reasonable publicity relating to the Prize Draw without further consent or payment should they win the Prize. Such publicity may include, without limitation, the Winner’s name and/or image, statements made by the Entrants concerning the Prize Draw and the Prize. The Promoter is not responsible for any posts which the Entrant, or a third party publishes, on any social media websites, applications or platforms and the Entrant confirms that such posts are not sponsored by the Promoter.
- These terms and conditions, and any instructions from the Promoter, constitute the entire agreement between the Entrant, and the Promoter relating to this Prize Draw and supersede any prior agreements between the Entrant and the Promoter. If any provision of these terms and conditions is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavour to give effect to the parties’ intentions as reflected in the provision and the other provisions of the terms and conditions will remain in full force and effect.
- The decision of the Promoter is final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
- The Promoter reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time.
- These terms and conditions and all matters arising from or in connection with them are governed by English law and the courts of England & Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction in the event of a dispute.
- The Winner of this promotion must adhere to these terms at all times. Failure to do so could result in additional charges for rectification being made to Winner.
- It is a breach of this Agreement for the Winner to fail to return the Vehicle to FCA UK, at the end of the Loan Period at the place and time specified by FCA UK.
- FCA UK shall be entitled to terminate the loan of any Vehicle at any time if in its opinion it is reasonable to do so.
The Winner must:
- pay for any accessories, tyres, tools or equipment lost, stolen or damaged and to pay FCA UK’s costs of recovering the Vehicle in the event that the Winner fails to return it to FCA UK. Notwithstanding the provisions of clause 10 (a) of this Agreement, to pay any penalties, fines or court costs incurred in the use of the Vehicle before it is returned to FCA UK and which FCA UK is obliged to pay (save when caused by the fault of FCA UK)
- ensure that correct tyre pressures, engine oil level, battery fluid level, screen wash level, coolant level and Automatic Transmission oil level (where fitted) are maintained throughout the Loan Period;
- ensure that the Vehicle is always locked when unattended, and to take all reasonable steps to prevent loss or damage to the Vehicle, or its tyres, tools, accessories equipment or contents;
- inform FCA UK immediately if the Vehicle suffers any damage or loss, develops any fault or requires any servicing and to permit FCA UK to carry out any essential repairs or servicing and to pay FCA UK immediately the cost of repairing any damage or loss arising while the Vehicle was in the possession of the Winner howsoever caused, notwithstanding that a claim has been made by the Winner against its insurance company;
- return the Vehicle together with its accessories, tyres, tools, all keys and equipment to FCA UK at the place specified at or before the end of the Loan Period or on the earlier termination of this Agreement in the condition prevailing at the commencement of the loan (fair wear and tear excepted), clean and tidy (traffic grime excepted). For the avoidance of doubt, any work in excess of £150 shall not be construed as wear and tear and shall be paid in full by the Winner.
The Winner must not:
- remove the Vehicle from the United Kingdom without the prior written consent of FCA UK;
- drive the Vehicle in a manner which would render void the insurance policy of FCA UK which covers the use of the Vehicle allocated under this Agreement the terms of which the Winner hereby acknowledges receipt of, or other contract of insurance, or in contravention of any Road Traffic Act or Construction and Use Regulations, or by any person who is not licensed to drive the Vehicle or who is under the influence of alcohol or drugs, nor must it be driven in the event of mechanical, electrical or structural failure or damage, if further damage might thereby be caused;
- use the vehicle for hire or reward without the prior written consent of FCA UK;
- smoke, at any time, in the Vehicle
The Winner is responsible, in respect of its use of the Vehicle, for any
- offences which may be committed with respect to the Vehicle when it is stationary and when a fixed penalty notice is issued; being on a road during hours of darkness without lights or reflectors required by law; waiting, or being left parked, or being loaded or unloaded, in a road; being used or kept on a public road within the meaning of the Vehicles (Excise) Act 1971 without a licence under that Act being exhibited on the Vehicle in the manner prescribed under that Act; and the non-payment of the charge made a street parking place;
- excess charge which may be incurred in pursuance of an order under section 35 and 36 of the Road Traffic Regulations Act 1987 (provision of highways of parking places where charges are made);
- congestion charge except for a congestion charge arising on the day of delivery by FCA UK if the delivery point is within a congestion charge zone. The Winner will be responsible for and will indemnify FCA UK against the payment of any congestion charges (other than for the day of delivery), parking or road traffic fines which are incurred during the Loan Period.
- offences relating to the use of hand-held mobile telephone.
- If the Winner does not return the Vehicle to or to the order of the Promoter in accordance with clause 2, the Promoter’s employees or duly authorised representatives may recover possession of the Vehicle and for such purpose may enter upon any premises which are owned or occupied by the Winner or which are otherwise under the control of the Winner and where the Promoter believes the Vehicle to be located and may take such action as is required to effect entry as aforesaid and to repossess the Vehicle without being liable for any damage caused.
Source: Read Full Article