Online RC transfer though Vahan portal
The online Parivhan portal, by the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways (MoRTH) allows services related to vehicles and driving licenses to be accessed from the comfort of your home.
Some of the services include application / modification and renewal of driving license, basic services on vehicle registration (transfer, change of address, hypothecation, etc.), application for NOC, fitness certificate, alteration of vehicle, RC particulars etc.
Steps for Online RC transfer:
1. Select the RTO whose jurisdiction the buyer’s address falls in
2. If there is hypothecation, first remove it if the buyer is in another RTO jurisdiction, else proceed with the application
3. Proceed to the online transfer of ownership
4. Download the pre-filled forms 29, 30, attach the original RC, buyer’s address proof and PAN card, vehicle PUC and insurance and seller’s PAN card and address proof
5. Submit this set at your RTO and wait for the new RC book. The status will change in the online portal where you can track the progress of your application
6. Fees to be paid are Rs. 550
Thanks to BHPian BKB999 for sharing this with others.
Source: Read Full Article