Stock Bridgestone tyres look good for another 20-30K kms. Quite happy with them so far. They perform well off road despite being HT and better than few cheaper ATs out there on tarmac.
BHPian PrideRed recently sherd this with other enthusiasts.
Went for a weekend drive to Pondicherry. Took the Chittoor-Ranipet-Tindivanam-Pondicherry route to and fro. Got best ever fuel efficiency of 16 kmpl while driving towards Pondi. Mainly because of the descent, lesser traffic and early morning drive. Return journey got a FE of 13.2 kmpl as per MID which I find accurate. Average speed was about 60 km/hr. The suspension really seems to have settled down and stiffness has mellowed down. I now maintain 31/32 tire pressure against company suggested 29, yet find the ride compliant. Yes, there are characteristics of body on frame, but the stiffness has mellowed down. I am using AdBlue of Tata, and during the drive, regen happened thrice.
Pics from the drive:
20K service update:
- Service was done at Nandi Toyota Banasavadi branch earlier this week.
- Service included oil change, air filter element change , oil filter and inspection of other bits.
- I love the concept of the Toyota service center. All places have a lounge area with large see through glass pane where you can sit and relax while watching your car getting serviced.
- Service took about 2-3 hours including wash. That’s quick!
- While Toyota dealers have become like everyone else out there pushing for “Value Added Services” , I made it clear that I will pay only for what is mentioned in Toyota Manual. Total bill came to 6800 as labor was free for this service. I think paid service might now cost 10-11K .
- Bought muffler tip and seat belt pads for 2K from accessory list, costed about 2K. As a nice gesture, dealer handed over a key cover as a gift. Building good relationship with any dealer makes good experience last longer. I am visiting Nandi Toyota(different branches) since 4-5 years, have had good experience(Sales + Service) throughout.
- Oil used is fully synthetic and costs 5K including tax. Unlike BS4, there is no option for BS6.
- AdBlue was not refilled as there was no warning and I had not asked them to check.
- Wheel alignment, Balance was done outside hence had skipped. Toyota charges around 3-4K for this job.
- There were no issues reported after inspection and I did not have any either.
- Interiors are holding well. Touchwood, no rattles, parts breaking or deteriorating quality.
- Stock Bridgestone tyres look good for another 20-30K kms. Quite happy with them so far. They perform well off road despite being HT and better than few cheaper ATs out there on tarmac.
- Lastly, was good to see someone taking delivery as same spec car as mine at a premium of ~4-5L in about 1.5 years time . I have started to believe for now that cars do appreciate!
Check out BHPian comments for more insights and information.
Source: Read Full Article