Kolkata Traffic Police introduces fine settlement scheme

According to a media report, the Kolkata Traffic Police has introduced a ‘One Time Traffic Fine Settlement Scheme’, giving owners an opportunity to clear pending fines at a discounted rate. The scheme will be implemented in two phases and traffic cases registered up to November 15, 2018 will be eligible for the discount.

The first phase of the scheme started on December 1, 2018 and will be operational till January 14, 2018. During this period, the offenders have to pay 35% of the total due, while the remaining 65% is waived. The second phase of the scheme will be operational from January 15, 2019 to February 13, 2019. During this time, 50% of the total due has to be paid, while the remaining 50% is waived.

The fine can be paid online on the official websites of the Kolkata Traffic Police and the Kolkata Police. Offline payment can be made at counters located at 25 traffic guards as well as at Lal Bazar.

It is also reported that the Kolkata Police will take legal action on vehicles with pending fines after this period. A NOC (no case pending) will be made mandatory for transfer of ownership, renewal of insurance certificate and pollution under control (PUC).

Source: Read Full Article